< Hi there >
I'm a frequent traveler and want an all-in-one platform that allows me to plan my trips from beginning to the end. As I travel and talk to people, I realise it would be super cool if there's an open platform where every thing is a building block - accommodation, tour, tickets, travel buddies, guides, drivers - and you can just plug and play these blocks into your own itinerary, or even have a planner do it for you.
< Pain points >
· Reviews and ratings scattered across different booking platforms
· Markups on local tours from international tour booking sites
· Accommodation listing websites take a sizeable chunk (~15%) from hostels/hotels operators. Sometimes
· It's a pain to track bookings from so many different sites
< How I feel web3 helps >
· Trackable and reliable reviews
· Portable reviews. Imagine someone with good reputation can just port his profile across thetravelneko, couchsurfing.com, airbnb.com, or display his profile on his own website to attract people looking for guides.
· Everything is now a lego block. Anyone can list anything from accmmodations (accommodation operators like hotels or airbnb), to tours (local tour guide, tour companies) etc. As a traveler, I can just schedule these into my travel planner within the platform easily.
· Imagine if all accommodation operators, tour guide, or driver can just embed a booking form that links directly to an open booking platform into their own websites
< Frontend >
· React + Typescript + HTML/CSS
< Backend >
· Lens Protocol for social networking features - reviews, comments, follows, publishing of travel guides
· Pinata + IPFS for pinning user profile photos
< Design >
· Polygon Finity Design
· Chakra UI
· and of course thetravelneko's internal design :)