ConTx revolutionizes the way web3 users can interact with historical Ethereum transactions by adding a layer of context. This browser extension enables anyone with a web wallet to easily log in and start enhancing their transaction data on their preferred Etherscan forks.
- Simple Login: Use web3Modal to log in while browsing https://goerli.basescan.org/ (demonstration purpose) via a browser web wallet extension or a mobile wallet-to-desktop browser connection.
- Navigate and Contextualize: Go to your address details page (example: https://goerli.basescan.org/address/0x826976d7C600d45FB8287CA1d7c76FC8eb732030) and start adding context. You can include descriptions, categories, and even upload media files to IPFS.
- Easily Viewable: Anyone with the chrome extension installed will be able to see the context you've added.
Share Your Transaction Stories:
- Add Meaning: Was your transaction a donation, a bill payment, or a critical purchase for your organization? ConTx lets you narrate the story behind each transaction.
- Visibility and Transparency: Once you save your context, it becomes visible to others using the extension, fostering an environment of transparency and clarity.
Ideal for Various Organizations:
- DAOs: Enhance community trust through transparent transactions.
- Startups: Provide detailed accountability to investors.
- Project Teams: Showcase the utilization of granted funds.
- Donors: Specify the intent or purpose of your donations.
- Non-Profits: Demonstrate the effective use of funds and donations.
- Blockchain-Enhanced Governments: Offer budgeting transparency to citizens.
- Wider Network Support: Compatibility with all major networks and their Etherscan forks.
- Access Controls: Manage who can add, edit, or view transaction contexts.
- Conditionally Revoking Attestations: Utilize UMA Optimistic Arbitration for asserting and disputing contexts.
- Receiver Context Addition: Allow transaction recipients to add context as well.
- Attestations for a Fee: A potential revenue model through paid attestations.
While we would have liked to have provided a public extension the Chrome Store review process apparently takes WEEKS, so stay tuned for that one. :)
ConTx is more than a tool; it's a movement towards greater accountability and transparency in the web3 space. Join us in shaping a clearer, more responsible crypto ecosystem.
The back-end is mongoDB. It implements Node.js and Express, Docker, Docker Compose and ENGNIX for reverse proxy and Linux Server. The IPFS web services to a simple API key allowing to be used easier by the front-end.
Attestations are initiated by the front-end when the user signs a message from their web wallet, this then triggers a wallet key in our back-end to create the attestation with the appropriate transaction context saved in the back-end.