This project presents a Shopify app that reads the NFTs a user possesses in their wallet, and automatically generates a ApeCoin-themed Shopify store based on the specific tokens that she/he has. Anyone who visits the store will be able to buy the products with ApeCoin ($APE) tokens.
This ApeCoin-themed Shopify store can be set-up in a matter of seconds, empowering holders to start selling their products and merchandise globally, while participating in growing the ApeCoin brand and ecosystem.
For this project, we built a Shopify App for merchants to integrate into their store and generate a store template based on the NFTs they own. Additionally, we built the ApeCoin payment checkout experience the user gets redirected to upon checkout.
The Merchant flow is as follows:
- The merchant creates a shop that has the default template.
- The merchant then adds the Apeify app to their Shopify store.
- The merchant connects their wallet that holds the Yuga Labs NFTs, and the relevant NFT details are fetched (such as image data, traits, tokenID, etc.). We use Airstack as our data indexer.
- Once this is done, we make a call to our backend with the NFT details that the user chooses and the the base shopify theme is edited based on the NFT metadata such as the background colour, image, token ID, etc.
- This theme is then uploaded via Shopify's REST API.
The User flow while purchasing is as follows:
- The user lands on the website and picks the item they are interested in.
- They enter their personal details such as Address and contact information
- They can pick ApeCoin as the payment method during the final step.
- If they picked ApeCoin, they will be redirected to a new tab once they confirm their purchase, where they can make the ApeCoin payment.
- They can either pay by transferring funds to the specified contract or connecting their wallet and signing the smart contract transaction with their wallet.